How often do you say ‘f*ck it’ and even though you know there’s something you should be doing to help you – you do the complete opposite?
This week in the membership, we covered self sabotage as a topic.
Here’s some of the ways that the group self sabotages that we discussed over the two group EFT sessions:
- Staying up too late
- Drinking those extra glasses of wine that you know you don’t need
- Buying wine and crisps when you’re trying to look after yourself
- Not getting to the yoga/exercise class
- Eating all the snacks and chocolate
- Ordering a take away rather than making the food
- Phone scrolling
When you constantly self sabotage it means you don’t meet your goals or needs and that makes you:
- Tired and exhausted and frazzled
- Shouty and grumpy
- Feel depleted, low in energy and just meh
- Imprisoned by that inner critic – why did you do that?
Why might you be self sabotaging?
This is what came up in the group tapping sessions:
- Safety – fear of change or life being better, self sabotaging gives us a good excuse to stay as we are because that is safe – we know it and understand it
- Rebellion – that part of us that acts like a naughty teenager
- Release – a release from the same old daily grind
What’s been lovely this week is hearing how the sessions have enabled the members to create change:
- Getting to the yoga class
- Going to bed early
- Not drinking that extra wine
- Making time for nurturing activities
- Meal planning
Here’s some ways you can help yourself
- Identify what your gain is – why are you doing this? Release/rebellion/safety/other?
- Does it help you meet your long terms goals?
- At the decision point, stop and count to 5 and make a rational decision (thanks to one of our members for this one)
- Forgive and accept yourself for being human
It is boring….
Looking after you at times is boring. Without a doubt.
But you have a choice.
Stay feeling overwhelmed, frazzled, burned out and shouting at the kids, your partner and feeling like you’re out of control.
Or moving out of the stress cycle for the long term benefits for you and your family.
Which are you deciding?
Much love, Tricia xxx
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, exhausted and burned out as a mum… take this screening tool to help you identify exactly how overwhelm is impacting your wellbeing. You will be sent some strategies to support you as well as details of my next Breaking Out Of Overwhelm masterclass.