There’s probably very few people in the world that overcame as much adversity as Nelson Mandela and can continue to still inspire us now many years after their death.
I came across the first quote from Nelson Mandela in a book I was reading and it occurred to me, that he had so much wisdom – not conventionally for birth, yet for many of us, at birth, we need to be inspired to conquer our fears, to be educate ourselves, to be aware it’s always our human right to choose how and where we want to birth, to let go of the past and focus on the future.
1. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
(Conquer your fears before you give birth – it is normal to have fears, you have the power, before you birth, to conquer them)
2. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
(The right education to prepare for your birth is VITAL)
3. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
(Some people think it’s impossible to ENJOY birth…)
4. To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.
(Birth is a human rights issue – don’t ever forget that – it is always your choice to have any procedure done – you should never consent to any procedure unless you are absolutely 100% sure it’s the right decision)
5. After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
6. Forget the past.
(Focus on this birth – not your last)
7. When people are determined they can overcome anything.
(Well that’s obvious…..)
I hope you’ve enjoyed these. You may want to include some of these in your affirmations or on a mood board if you’re creating one for your birth. If you’d like help to prepare for your birth so you feel strong mentally and emotionally and really want to feel in control of your birth, then book onto my Birth Coaching Programme (available in person or via skype). Don’t forget you can sign up to my newsletter to get a FREE birth planning template and Joyful Birth Worksheet.
Much love, Tricia xxx