“Can totally recommend Tricia Murray and EFT. after a very traumatic first birth experience I had a lot to resolve before I could birth my second daughter. She helped me do it just the way I wanted and needed. It was a big healing experience.” Taciana Jackson
“Upon meeting Tricia, I found her to be open, informative and extremely insightful. Quite quickly Tricia was able to establish that it wasn’t my previous experience and rather a loss of control that was making me anxious. Tricia recommended using EFT, which I found a powerful tool to help deescalate my high levels of anxiety…. On a personal note I found profound changes in my emotional state after 1 session.” Laura, Edinburgh
Confused or apprehensive about how to have a good birth?
Do you feel anxious about how painful birth might be?
Do you have specific fears you want to work through?
Have you experienced birth trauma or birth grief?
Maybe you’re planning a vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC/HBAC)?
Possibly you’d like support to plan a homebirth?
Do you need help to change your mindset about birth?
BIRTH CAN BE A TIME OF JOY AND EXCITEMENT AS YOU PREPARE TO MEET YOUR BABY
Maybe you’ve been
- searching for a solution to help you
- hiding under your duvet trying not to think about it
- gone to your local antenatal class
- read a hypnobirthing book or CD
- written out some positive affirmations
- spoken to your sister or friends
- have read What to Expect When You’re Expecting but still have no clue as to what to expect?
- been watching birthing videos or reading books
- or worse – been on google (yikes)
- (or even worse, been watching One Born Every Minute?????)
- maybe, you want to have a much better birth than you did first time but don’t even know where to start
You’re still lying awake at night, wondering how you’re going to manage it and you can’t stop thinking about it. Maybe it’s making you feel panicked or sick. Or maybe you are totally disassociating from it. Maybe if you don’t think about it, it won’t happen?
CONGRATULATIONS – you are in the majority of the population!!!
It’s normal to be fearful of birth. That is a NORMAL fear. I’ve yet to meet one women who isn’t, in any way at all, scared of birth throughout her entire pregnancy. However, with that should also be confidence, an inner calm and a plan of how you’re going to achieve your best possible birth and embrace the whole experience.
The issue with much of the mainstream antenatal education (books, classes, CDs) is that they:
- Focus on the mechanics of birth and the physical process
- Don’t focus on your individual needs
- Don’t give you the tools to help you release your fears
- Give you no information on what your emotional needs are
- Provide little in terms in how the brain/mind/hormones/body work
- Mask over worries or anxieties (ie give you a set of affirmations which either you don’t believe in or aren’t relevant to you)
- Don’t provide you with enough information to alleviate your fears
- Focus on the NHS and the systems that are there but don’t help you to navigate the NHS to get the best possible birth experience
Meaning you may:
- Have a negative mindset for having a good birth
- Be anxious in your pregnancy
- Not feel confident around your upcoming birth
- Not have plan as to how you are going to approach it
- Be unable embrace labour and birth
- Not achieve the birth you want
- Struggle to bond with your baby post birth
One to one preparation may be for you if you you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You’re pregnant with your second baby and you want to have a successful VBAC or possibly vaginal birth after a very traumatic birth
- You want to explore all your birth options
- Want to get into the right mindset for your birth experience
- Want to have the confidence that regardless of whatever happens, you will be able to handle it
- Recognise the importance of birth
- You want to work through your fears, anxieties and worries
- Are open to trying a completely different approach
- Prioritise your health and well-being
- Are willing to put in the work to get the best birth for you (normally up to 4 sessions and 5-10 mins a few times a week)
So what IS one to one preparation?
The aim of one to one preparation is to give you a positive mindset for your birth and inform and educate you so you can achieve a much better birth.
Whether you are planning to have your baby or babies in home or the hospital, a vaginal or caesarean, a medicated or unmedicated birth, the programme will make you feel calmer and more confident during your pregnancy and help you to embrace your birth so that you can achieve the best birth for you on the day.
It’s a mindset changer – meaning by the end of the 4 week programme, you will be ready to have an amazing birth and have the confidence that whatever happens during you birth, you will be able to cope and ENJOY your birth (yes I did write that).
- 4 week preparation programme (in a minority of cases more sessions will be required)
- One to one unique programme for you
- Identifies what your needs are to get you physically, mentally and emotionally ready to give birth
- Uses a mixture of tools –
- Primarily EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique – often referred to as tapping) which can help draw out the fears very quickly and also help to release and reduce these
- REWIND technique – especially where you’ve had previous negative experiences or there’s issues from the past that are getting in the way
- And mostly information – you will be signposted to all the evidence based information that’s currently available
- We will build up action plans for triggers, process any issues you are concerned with and vastly increase you knowledge base
- Identify what you do want in your birth
- You might have weekly EFT scripts, meditations, affirmations and small exercises that you can work through after each session and up to the time of you birth – these are tailored to you
- You will be taught EFT which you can use as a pain relief method during your birth (and throughout the rest of your life – how cool is that?)
- We will build a specific birth plan for you and also a plan for any supporting partner so they know what they can do on the day
- Teaches you how to navigate the NHS Maternity System so you can get the best out of it
- Educates you on your birth choices, body, brain, environment… everything really!
- Helps regain control over your emotions
- Safe, non-judgemental and confidential space
So what ISN’T One to One Preparation
- A guarantee of the birth delivery – birth is uncertain and as such, no guarantee can be made over delivery method, however it can help you feel you can cope with all uncertainties in your birth and have a number of plans
- A standard class where each class is given in the same way – it’s an individual birth coaching programme for you – two people will never experience the same process but they will end with the same outcome – feeling much more confident, ready and calmer
- An antenatal class where we go through the mechanics of birth
But don’t just take my word for it – here’s an example of where One to One Preparation has WORKED….
“I came across the Tricia’s preparation programme when pregnant on my second child. I was about 30 weeks and my midwife was asking more about mode of delivery and suddenly my first son’s emergency c section delivery, that I thought was “dealt with” came flooding back and all the negative elements of it were full force on my mind. I was terrified of the idea of dealing with medical staff , of not feeling listened to and having to be in hospital full stop. I didn’t know what to do with all these thoughts and feelings and just thought I’ll have to go with the flow again and hope for a better experience. Not so!! I did some preparation work with Tricia and felt I clicked with her from the start. Through chatting and tapping with EFT about my anxieties and using her endless list of people and resources, I changed from the midwife who I wasn’t happy with, decided on and organised a home birth, and most importantly got my husband on board too with the idea. Tricia gave a lot of support to my husband too by means of information, people to contact regarding his fears around a home birth. We had the HBAC birth we wanted and felt assertive and in control the whole way as a result of realising and dealing with our fears. I’m really glad I did the coaching programme with Tricia as I feel a lot more assertive in general around dealing with professionals even now when it comes to me or my kids.” Aislinn Wilson
“I was recommended to Tricia, through a lifelong friend, just prior to my second child being born. I had some issues / trauma from what I thought was from my previous experience of birthing. Upon meeting Tricia, I found her to be open, informative and extremely insightful. Quite quickly Tricia was able to establish that it wasn’t my previous experience and rather a loss of control that was making me anxious. Tricia recommended using EFT, which I found a powerful tool to help deescalate my high levels of anxiety. EFT is a tool you can use anywhere and at anytime. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to gain a sense of control over any emotional difficulties that may be experienced. On a personal note I found profound changes in my emotional state after 1 session. I used it pre and post birth and will continue to use it when required. I would recommend Tricia to anyone I felt would benefit from her excellent service.” Laura, Edinburgh
Tell me MORE – I’m ready to book
- Sessions take place in my home in Edinburgh or via Skype
- At a time to suit you
At what stage:
- From 20 weeks (but ideally before 32 weeks)
How many sessions and for how long:
- 4 sessions – each session will last 90 minutes
- £75 per session (£30 discount in total if you want to pay up front for the 4 weeks), £270 if booked up front – £150 credit towards full birth support and if you book the 4 week programme, you get full access to the Birth and Baby Academy
- 100% money back guarantee if you don’t feel more confident by the end of the 4 sessions and during your birth (you must demonstrate that you have been doing the exercises between the sessions)
- To book, contact me.
Notes – If you have had a particularly difficult birth and would like to focus entirely on healing that birth without focusing on your next birth then get in touch to discuss a specific programme for you. If you have very complex fears, you may require more sessions or alternative therapies – this will be flagged in our first session at which point you can remove yourself from the programme and will only be charged for the first session. Additional sessions will be charged at £75 per session.
*Tailenders – These are things that are going through your conscious (ie the little voice) when you are doing affirmations – for example:
- Affirmation – “My body will open”
- Tailender – “Well it didn’t last time”
With EFT we aim to remove as many of these tailenders as we can – so that internal chatterbox will disappear!