Do you feel:
Burned out, overwhelmed or stressed out?
You are juggling too many plates – children, work, family, relationships?
Constantly drained and as though you can’t get on top of things?
Anxious and worried all the time?
Completely fed up as a mum and cannot be bothered?
Resentful that you are carrying the load?
Guilty about making time for yourself?
Like you are never nailing motherhood?
That you want to be happy but don’t know how to make it happen?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above and you are now ready to feel more relaxed and thrive as a mum, then you’ve come to the right place.
Being a mum can be hard at times. We constantly have so much to do and so much to achieve. This is the case whether you have one or seven children. Each situation brings with it a different set of challenges and dynamics. Even though we may struggle, this never means we don’t love our children.
However, have you ever noticed that some mums seem to manage it whilst others are barely getting by? What’s the difference between those mums? Often it’s how they approach life, how resourceful they are, how they prioritise their life and the decisions they make rather than situation they are in.
This is where therapeutic coaching can help you. With the right plans, tools and strategies, you can Overcome the Overload of being a mum and feel much calmer and more relaxed.
Why do we feel the way we do?
There are so many reasons that we feel the way we do. It can be down to how we’ve always behaved and we’re stuck in our approaches, beliefs and values about how the world works and how we are in that world. It can be linked to our lifetime experiences. It can be linked to the environment we’ve grown up in or are in now. It can be because we believe we ‘should’ be doing more, achieving more, be better at. It can be the people that surround us or the situation we are in. There’s a whole host of reasons and everyone of us is different.
I believe we are our own worst critic and it’s often that conflict within ourselves that can be so much behind those feelings of exhaustion, burn out, anxiety, worry and fatigue. It can leave us feeling very powerless and stuck. We can give ourselves a hard time for a variety of things. We have poor boundaries. We struggle to say no. We can’t let things go? We become paralysed by various people and situations. We don’t rest. We look out for everyone else’s needs but rarely our own. All this leaves us with no capacity to manage life and motherhood.
We are often taught so much about being compassionate to our children and expected to know so much about the physical and emotional needs of our children – but how often are we compassionate or kind to ourselves or spend the time understanding what our needs are as women and mums?
This therapeutic coaching programme will make a huge difference to your life. I will work with you intensely over 6 weeks to help you identify what the issues are and support you to see the changes you can make to your own life and make you accountable. This is powerful work. You will have many aha moments and insights meaning your horizon and viewpoints leading to your transformation.
Session will be a fusion of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), Solutions Focussed Brief Therapy, visualisations, meditations and coaching. It is likely that you will be given exercises to do between sessions.
Throughout we will measure progress in your wellbeing and happiness against your goals.
What’s covered in Overcome the Overload Coaching Programme?
- What are the symptoms you are experiencing most?
- What is happening that’s making you seek support?
- What is draining you? What is filling your cup?
- Where is you want to be in your life?
- What do you want to do more of and less of?
- How is it you want to feel about you, your relationships, your career, motherhood?
- Define who you want to be – how would that look and feel? How is that different to now?
- Identifying what you beliefs and values are?
- What are the stories you are telling yourself about your role as a woman, partner (if relevant), mum, in your career/family/friendships etc?
- What are the programmes and cycles that you want to break?
- What are the blocks that are stopping you feeling fulfilled?
- Are these blocks emotional, practical, logistical, financial?
- Identify together how to overcome these blocks
- Develop a plan together to support you to live the life you want as a woman and as a mother
- Implement systems to help you to manage the life that you want
- Learn strategies, tips and tools that will ensure you feel much calmer and full of energy
- Measure your progress over the previous weeks
- Set clear goals over the next 1, 3 and 6 months where we will together measure your progress
- Define a strategy to ensure that you can continue to implement and evolve your plan in the future on your own
What are the benefits:
- Completing this programme will a massive difference to you feel in your life, how you feel as a woman and as a mum
- Having a mum who is calm, relaxed, happy and thriving has such a positive impact on her children, family, relationships, community, society, in her work and the effects of that ripple out to others
- This work is hard to do on your own – you will have an experienced therapist and coach to work with you so that you can gain insight into why you are feeling the way you do, but more importantly, the changes you can make to help yourself
- Protected time for you
- Measurable improvements in these areas (dependent on what you’ve set down as your goals):
- How you are spending you time
- How you feel about yourself
- Work/life balance
- Feelings of guilt, shame and failure
- How you react to situations or how you are in them
- And more…
- Improved wellbeing – specifically looking at areas where we can measure differences such as:
- Reduction in any emotional issues (stress, outbursts, panic attacks, migraines, tension, spending, eating etc)
- Improvements in how you are looking after yourself (rest, gym, time use etc)
- Other areas that are specific to you
- Actionable plans with accountability – and we will have 3 further 15 minute phone calls after the sessions end to ensure you stay on track at 1 month, 3 months and 6 months post our final session (something that is rarely done with other coaches but so important to ensure that you keep making improvements and keep going)
This programme is for you if:
- You want to feel much calmer as a mum
- You have children aged between 0-16
- You’ve had enough and are ready to look at solutions and the future rather than going over old ground
- You will set aside the time to make the most of the sessions – around 1 hour preparation work before each session
- You prioritise your health and wellbeing
Tell me MORE
Sessions take place in my home in Edinburgh or online (Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, WhatsApp)
How many sessions and for how long:
6 sessions for 75 minutes
& 3 follow up 15 minute calls at 1 month, 3 months and 6 months post programme
£475 (payment plans available)
included is lifetime membership to the Overcome the Overload Community