Do you feel:
Burned out, overwhelmed or stressed out?
You are juggling too many plates – children, work, family, relationships?
Constantly drained and as though you can’t get on top of things?
Lost yourself completely?
Anxious and worried all the time?
Completely fed up as a mum and cannot be bothered?
Resentful that you are carrying the load?
Guilty about making time for yourself?
Like you are never nailing motherhood?
That you want to be happy but don’t know how to make it happen?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above and you are now ready to feel more relaxed and thrive as a mum, then you’ve come to the right place.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all the possible actions you could take and end up doing nothing?
Wishing that someone would just tell you what to do to start to feel better?
Well, wonder no more.
We cannot change the stress that’s around us but beating overwhelm isn’t doing that – we need to work on ourselves.
I pulled together a typical ‘profile’ of what someone who is severely overwhelmed might be feeling/experiencing compared to someone who has overcome overwhelm and thought it might be really helpful to share. This is by no means perfect as we are all unique, but it illustrates my ‘average’ clients profiles and can help to understand what differentiates between someone where overwhelm paralyses them and someone who is able to cope with the every day stresses of life.
|Severely Overwhelmed||Overcome Overwhelm|
|Emotional state||Can be angry or sad very quickly||Calm vast majority of time|
|Reaction to stress||Erupts||May react but is quick to regulate self|
|Ability to regulate self||None||Most of the time|
|Experiencing more serious mental health illness||Yes||No|
|Insight into why they feel the way that they do||No insight||Great insight|
|Physical symptoms of overwhelm (tension in body, heart racing, dizziness, migraines, legs like jelly, knot in stomach etc)||Many physical symptoms or numb||When physical symptoms arrive know how to support self and what’s going on|
|Energy levels||Either very alert/anxious or very low/can’t get out of bed/lethargic||Generally in the zone of tolerance – relaxed, able to take in information and communicate easily|
|Tools and technique||Utilises no tools even if they are aware they have them||Regularly uses tools and approaches to keep themselves well|
|Help and support||None||Accesses help and support that they have access to and utilises|
|Professional help||None||Yes when needed and preventatively|
|Takes responsibility for everything||Yes – 100% mental load of house and life and work||Takes responsibility for what they choose to and let’s go of everything else|
|Prioritisation||Everything is of equal importantce||Prioritises well|
|Is focussed/gets things done||Busy doing but often not achieving||Is focussed and get things done|
|Tolerance of others||Poor||Tolerant|
|Acceptance of others behaviours||Critical||Knows others are trying hard|
|Compassion to self||Blames self||Compassionate|
|Compassion to others||Blames others||Compassionate|
|Relationships||Has poor relationships and communication||Good relationships and communicates well|
|Boundaries||Can’t say no||Good boundaries|
|Priority of/investment in self||Won’t prioritise their own needs and doesn’t invest time and/or money in themselves||Knows the importance of meeting needs and invests regularly in themselves both in time and money|
None of us are machines and an exact science – it’s likely that you’ll be somewhere in between but some of these will resonate with you.
Therapeutic coaching can help you. With the right plans, tools and strategies, you can Overcome Overwhelm and feel much calmer and more relaxed.
Why do we feel the way we do?
There are so many reasons that we feel the way we do. It can be down to how we’ve always behaved and we’re stuck in our approaches, beliefs and values about how the world works and how we are in that world. It can be linked to our lifetime experiences. It can be linked to the environment we’ve grown up in or are in now. It can be because we believe we ‘should’ be doing more, achieving more, be better at. It can be the people that surround us or the situation we are in. There’s a whole host of reasons and everyone of us is different.
There are THREE KEY AREAS to focus on –
- INSIGHT – Insight as to why we are reacting in the way that we do (through knowledge, input from our body such as the knot in our stomach, and pattern matching ability to how we react to situations). These are often based on past experiences/memories/situations and is deep work to identify how we function.
- REGULATION – How quickly we are to regulate ourselves – do we have ways to regulate ourselves when we are challenged? How can we support ourselves? Can we stop, breathe, think, compose and then REACT? Can we take a moment? How is our nervous system?
- COMPASSION – how we’re able to actually be compassionate to ourselves about why we may have reacted in a specific way and forgiven ourselves. We are our own worst critic and it’s often that conflict within ourselves that can be so much behind those feelings of exhaustion, burn out, anxiety, worry and fatigue. It can leave us feeling very powerless and stuck.
This therapeutic coaching programme will make a huge difference to your life. I will work with you intensely over 3 months to help you identify what the issues are and support you to see the changes you can make to your own life and make you accountable.
Session will be a fusion of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), Solutions Focussed Coaching, visualisations, meditations, breath work and more. It is likely that you will be given exercises to do between sessions.
Throughout we will measure progress in your wellbeing and happiness against your goals.
What you will gain?
Calm – you will feel calmer and more relaxed from our work together
Insight – you’ll understand why you feel the way you feel, why you react to certain situation and you’ll then be able to process what’s happening in such a way that these feelings will come and go much easier
Time – feeling happier, more regulated, and calmer will give you back time meaning you’ll have time to do all the things you want to and need to do
Focus – you’ll be able to focus again on what’s important and what you want to achieve
Compassion and acceptance – you’ll notice that you’ll be much more compassionate and kinder to yourself, your kids and others
Improved relationships – you’ll notice how much better your relationships are
… and more….
“Working with Tricia has been a great experience. I feel lucky to have met someone who is so good at her role. She is so easy to talk to and I never once felt judged. The EFT itself was amazing. I still can’t believe how tapping helped me work out what my triggers where and why I react in the way I do. The insight has helped me to focus on some problem areas and see improvements. I have recommended the coaching course to friends and will continue to do so.”
What’s covered in Overcome the Overload Coaching Programme?
- What are the symptoms you are experiencing most?
- Why it is you feel that way?
- What’s telling you that’s how you feel?
- How can you tune into yourself and you emotions?
- What are your beliefs and values?
- What are the stories you are telling yourself about your role as a woman, partner (if relevant), mum, in your career/family/friendships etc?
- What are the programmes and cycles that you want to break?
- Where have they come from?
- What are your past experiences and how are they showing up now?
- What do you need to start making change?
- What do you need to regulate you?
- What triggers you?
- What resources do you need?
- Where is you want to be in your life?
- What do you want to do more of and less of?
- How can you be kinder to yourself? What’s that inner critic saying about you?
- How is it you want to feel about you, your relationships, your career, motherhood?
- Define who you want to be – how would that look and feel? How is that different to now?
- Develop a plan together to support you to live the life you want as a woman and as a mother
- Implement systems to help you to manage the life that you want
- Identify what the blocks are that are stopping you?
- Measure your progress over the previous weeks
- Set clear goals over the next 1, 3 and 6 months where we will together measure your progress
- Define a strategy to ensure that you can continue to implement and evolve your plan in the future on your own
This programme is for you if:
- You want to feel much calmer as a mum
- You don’t know where to start
- You feel you don’t have time but you need to feel better
- You have children aged between 0-16
- You’ve had enough and are ready to look at solutions and the future rather than going over old ground
- You prioritise your health and wellbeing
Tell me MORE
Sessions take place in my home in Edinburgh or online (Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, WhatsApp)
How many sessions and for how long:
We meet twice a month and have regular contact between sessions
& 3 follow up calls at 1 month, 3 months and 6 months post programme
£750 (payment plans available)
included is lifetime membership to the Overcome the Overload Community