Would you like to be able to support them with a gentle and effective technique which alleviates the symptoms associated with a difficult perinatal experience?
- Hypnobirthing teacher
- Running antenatal/postnatal education
- Yoga, pilates or baby massage instructor
- Complementary therapist
- Health visitor
- Infant feeding consultant
- Sling supporter
- …. or something else with parents around that time
The TBR 3 Step REWIND Technique was created by Alex Heath in 2016. More than 250 practitioners have now trained and it is now used in multiple NHS Trusts as a perinatal care pathway for parents who have been affected by a difficult perinatal event.
We guide the client to go into a state of deep relaxation (which aids healing) and they then are able to remember the event in a specific way whilst throughout feeling safe and secure.
We help the client to imagine coping in the future and responding differently
Why the 3 Step Process?
If the client finds talking about their experience uncomfortable there is no need for them to share what happened as we understand that can be difficult. They can still go through their memory but they don’t need to talk about it if they don’t want to making it a really gentle approach.
This treatment is equally effective 3 months after the event as it is 3 years or even longer after the event. If trauma symptoms or heavy feelings are still evident then the treatment is useful in lifting them.
What does the training cover?
- An understanding of all perinatal trauma including PTSD and how it affects mums and dads
- How the symptoms of trauma might affect parents including the spectrum of perinatal mental health
- Why rapport is an essential cornerstone of supporting parents at this time
- The importance of relaxation and why relaxation is key to relieving the symptoms of trauma
- Using the TBR 3 Step REWIND Technique to neutralise the heavy emotions and symptoms associated with traumatic events and seeing first hand how relaxation and guided visualisation can activate natural healing (this can also be used in many other situations)
- A comprehensive pack containing visual aids, scripts and other handouts that you can use with your clients
What happens post training?:
- All attendees have continuous support in the closed facebook group which provides additional materials and back up should you yourself need support
- Insurance is available for all birth professionals who are not therapeutically trained
- Attendees can be listed as a practitioner on the Traumatic Birth Recovery website when they complete:
- A case study
- The Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Regular supervision
What have previous attendees said?:
“Tricia is a fab trainer. She makes everyone feel welcome and has some great knowledge of birth trauma. I feel very well prepared to take my new skills forward in practice” – Elena Hodge, Family Coordinator, First Steps
“A brilliant course, so well delivered, and such a powerful technique” – Cat Berry, EFT and TRE Practitioner
“I would thoroughly recommend this course. Simple, effective and accessible – I’m so glad I decided to sign up and get involved” – Katy McDowall, Hypnobirthing Instructor
“I really enjoyed the training; the group was the perfect size to allow us to feel comfortable enough to share our own experiences. There was plenty of time to practice the rewind technique also. Really glad it participated in the training, it was the perfect refresh for the technique for me, and I needed that. I now look forward to using it to help people.” Sharon Bissett, NLP Practitioner, Hypnotherapist, Hypnobirthing Instructor
Edinburgh, 3rd and 4th February 2020, Venue TBC
Glasgow, 27th and 28th April 2020, Venue TBC
If you would like me to come to any other location across Scotland or North East of England – please email me.
How much does the course cost?
£450 (Early Bird tickets are £395 available 6 weeks before)
Payment plan over three instalments is available.
How do I book?
To book contact me – email@example.com.
More about me….
I’ve been using the TBR 3 Step REWIND technique since November 2016 and was one of the first trainees. Since 2016, I have seen almost 100 women (and a couple of men) for support. I am also a trained EFT Practitioner, Fertility, Birth and Parenting Coach and Doula and have been actively supporting women to have better birth and parenting experiences since 2014. In 2015, I was one of the founders for Juno Perinatal Mental Health Support which provides peer support for mums experiencing perinatal mental health. I am passionate about increasing the availability of this intervention as it’s such a gentle and efficient approach which I want more families to have access to.