… and I don’t know about you but I know I’m struggling with it all.
And that feeling is very valid. I’m allowed to be struggling. I’m allowed to feel uncertain, worried, concerned and unsure and also a little bit numb.
We don’t know what we are dealing with.
We don’t know what the impact will be.
We don’t know how long it will last.
We don’t know what the worst case scenario really is.
We don’t know if schools and nurseries and places of work will close.
We don’t know what the financial impact might be on the economy, big business and the VAST majority of self employed and small businesses (including my own).
What we do know
- It’s something that is out with our control
- It’s something that will end at some point
- It’s something that can provide opportunities for us to change how we function in the world – maybe less travel, maybe more people pooling communities, maybe a quieter and slower life, maybe a better resourced NHS and more…
- And that RIGHT NOW WE ARE OK and WELL
I know I’m struggling with all of this.
I hear people saying don’t listen to the news, up your self care, focus on your mental health, don’t google etc but the reality is that none of that is possible and all of that is dismissing the VERY REAL AND VALID CONCERNS that we have. It reminded me of someone once telling me ‘ALL IS WELL’ when underneath I felt everything was definitely not well and it made me feel like there was something wrong with me for worrying about it at all.
I don’t think all is well and I don’t want to ignore it. I worry about….
- What happens if we need to go into lockdown?
- Will we have police patrolling the streets like I see in Italy?
- How will I feed by kids if we can’t get to the shops?
- Can we use cheeky wipes instead of loo roll?
- What happens if I get ill – do I need to self isolate from my family? Who will look after them?
- How will I cope mentally and emotionally with all 4 kids at home and we can’t go and do our normal activities?
- How will they cope being at home with me?
- Am I best placed to teach my kids for 4-6 weeks or longer?
- What about my parents and parents in law? Should we send the kids to them or not?
- Will my business survive?
- Will my husband still have a job in a few months time?
- Can we travel in the summer?
- How long will it last?
- Will it happen again? Will there be another pandemic next year?
These are what I’ve been working through myself – with my own tapping and own EFT. I’m working with my body – the emotions, the tears, the panic, the tightness in my solar plexus, the feeling in my shoulders and tense jaw.
The power of EFT is that is works with the nervous system and helps to regulate you and aids that feeling of being calm and relaxed. You can still have those thoughts and worries, but your body responds in a much calmer and clearer way. This is what we need right now.
I know I’m not alone and I wanted to share that everything you are feeling is valid. You are not panicking and being ridiculous. These are valid fears, worries and anxieties in these uncertain and unprecedented times.
If you feel you could do with some help, then do drop me a message. I’m also offering a couple of FREE group EFT sessions for coronavirus via zoom as we go through this transition. If you’d like to come to my next one then let me know. These are completely no sales, no strings attached and are the only way I can feel helpful at this moment in time.
Much love, Tricia xxx