I wanted to share the biggest shift I had when it came to anxiety.
The biggest shift I had though was the understanding that anxiety is here to protect me.
Let me explain.
Some of you might know we’re about to get a new puppy arriving in our family.
That part of me that gets anxious has been trying to get my attention. And I totally understand why.
Imagine IF that part of me didn’t alert me to this situation being possibly something to be concerned about… what would that mean?
- Maybe I wouldn’t be putting plan into place as my head would be away in la la land only focussing on the cuteness of a puppy and dog
- Maybe the shock of a dog would be too much for me and it would impact my mental health
- Maybe it would be a disaster for the dog because we weren’t properly ready for it (this is our first dog) and we’d be terrible owners
That’s why I think anxiety is my superhero. Because it’s here to help me and I’ve learned exactly how to manage it in all these situations.
And this will be exactly the same for you – if your children are ill, if you’re worried about getting ill, if you’ve argued with your best friend, if you’re applying for a job/starting our own business, going to a new place, meeting up with people, going on holiday/away from home, starting a new relationship, having to see members of your family you struggle with, falling pregnant, giving birth, moving home, getting an extension, money issues, redundancies and everything else that we all have to cope with.
The issue comes is that most people hate the way anxiety makes you feel and as such you utilise normal strategies in the hope it goes aways away – avoiding it, getting annoyed with it, taking the edge off with alcohol or medication (please know I am pro medication). Most of these strategies mean that anxiety just gets louder and more frantic because you’re not listening and mean exhaustion or shutdown at best, to rage or emotional outbursts and full blown panic attacks at worst.
What I’ve learned is anxiety is my super hero. When I learned this everything shifted and changed. It comes to protect me in times of uncertainty, when things feel scary or when there’s something I can’t figure out.
This is what I coach and what I teach is how to quickly and easily manage the symptoms of anxiety so they do not impact you in any way, shape or form. In fact the opposite, you can use it totally to your advantage.
If you’d like to create a new relationship with anxiety so it’s a positive one and one where you’re in control of anxiety then I’d love you to join me in my upcoming Masterclass – Why Anxiety is Your Superhero on the 24th June.
I’ll be teaching you exercises that you can use with anxiety in the session so you can practically put this into place.
By joining this masterclass you will:
- Completely change the way you see anxiety and your relationship with it
- Gain huge insight into anxiety meaning you can quickly take control of your thoughts, those feelings will dissipate and it will lessen the impact it has on your life.
- Learn tools and strategies to create distance between you and the anxious part of you so that you can find freedom from it
- Increase your energy as you’re not so exhausted by those thoughts, feelings and emotions meaning you’ll have the energy and motivation to go for walks/exercise/take the kids out/do things around the house/apply for that job
- Stop avoiding situations or people that make you feel anxious meaning that you feel much more confident and fulfilled
- Increase your ability to manage life/work and parenthood
This is a paid masterclass with a Q&A after.
See you there.
Much love, Tricia xxx