The million dollar question – can you ever truly get rid of anxiety?
My belief is… no.
Anxiety happens when ‘something’ feels threatening.
There are times in life when events do feel threatening.
Such as…. (To illustrate – not comprehensive)
- Serious illness (you/family/friend)
- House move
- Big trauma
- Financial insecurity
- Partner leaves you
- Conflict at home or work or with friends
All of these things are threatening in some way.
Fear of the unknown, fear of being abandoned, fear of death.
They are RATIONAL reasons to feel anxious.
Yet – most of what makes you anxious isn’t this.
Most of my clients have anxiety that’s not for ‘rational’ reasons.
- Social situations
- Overwhelmed by life
- Perfectionism/fear of failure
- Fear of success
- Breaking social conditioning
- Judgement from others
- Pressure at work
And most of this – isn’t based on reality.
It’s based on your beliefs, perceptions and interpretations of what’s going on.
Not the truth.
It’s based on your programming.
All of it is safety seeking behaviour.
Such as… Something bad will happen if:
- I fuck up doing a presentation
- I’m late with a deadline
- I say no to my partner
- I’m super successful and I earn more money than my partner
- I ask my partner for sex and he says no
- I wear clothes that aren’t deemed to suit my body
- My kids misbehave in front of my in laws
- I don’t get through all the washing this week
- I cut my hours at work
- I’m not super productive in those 2 hours I have to myself
Imagine if instead you didn’t get caught up by any of these worries and you had freedom to live your life without these rules and limitations.
What would that mean for you?
Possibly a deep sense of confidence, wisdom or peace. How would that feel?
If you’d like help to get you there – check out some ways I can help you below.
Found this helpful – let me know or forward it onto a friend!
Much love, Tricia xxx