Long time no hear! If you follow me on social media you’ll be aware that I needed to take some time off but thankfully I’m much better and now back to feeling much better than I have for the last 6 weeks or so. I’ve still got some emotional recovery to go but physically I am feeling VERY well.
And I want to send a wave of love to everyone struggling with what’s happening in the world. It’s an absolutely horrific situation and love goes to all those impacted abroad as well as here.
Last week I had to have surgery. I have a very weird allergy. I’m one of the very rare people that’s allergic to paracetamol.
The first time this happened was when I was in labour with Arthur, I was given paracetamol when I got to triage and I had some weird hives come out on my face. I thought it was the labour that was giving the hives. Then the next few weeks, every time I took paracetamol, my face would come up in these weird reactions so I stopped taking it.
The aneathestist last week said it’s because once you have a ‘dodgy’ batch (which is by the way EXTREMELY rare), your body remembers so every time you swallow it, your body has the same reaction to alert you that you’ve taken ‘that stuff’ again even though the batch your currently taking is totally fine – so you’re not actually allergic to it – just you were to that dodgy batch and your body remembers.
Now, this for me, is fascinating. As I know exactly how true this is. It’s exactly what I help my clients to break connections with. When their body remembers a situation, even if they don’t remember it, I help their bodies (and thereby behaviours) to react in the way they choose.
Often my clients will come to me with issues, but NOT understand why they are reacting in the way that they are.
- Why can’t I stop these intrusive thoughts
- Why do my palms sweat every time I think about using my voice in a meeting
- Why am I panicking about a tiny spot on my breast when I logically know it’s nothing
- Why am I fearful of sex or intimacy when I WANT to have sex or be intimate, but for some reason can’t
- Why am I feeling demotivated or stuck when I have so much good stuff going on in my life
- Why can’t I stop replaying a conversation from every angle again and again
- Why do I react like a 3 year old toddler in a fit of rage when my child is behaving like a child
- Why do I avoid conversations that rationally I know would make my life better
- Why do I have imaginary conversations about things that have still never happened
- Why can’t I stop scrolling
- Why can’t I just say what I want to say
- Why can’t I make time for me
- Why do I have panic attacks
- Why do I always procrastinate and put stuff off
- Why can’t I sit the fuck down when I’m exhausted and rest
- Why do I loose it at my partner for no reason
- And so much more
You see all behaviour like above is seen by the brain as purposeful, even if it’s unhelpful. The body behaves automatically based on past events. Remembering that 95% of your behaviour is handled by the subconscious, not you, means you are NOT running the show… your subconscious is.
The work I do with you is help you to understand exactly why that situation is creating that reaction and then to rewire the subconscious so it behaves in exactly the way you want. You get to CHOOSE how your body reacts and how you behave in situation, not based on how your body remembers it, but how you CHOOSE to manage it.
If you’d like to find out how I can help you, click the button below AND/OR message me to book in for a call.
Much love, Tricia xxxx