Masterclass - Trauma and Anxiety: How The Past Can Make You Anxious (28th July 2021, 7.30pm-8.30pm with Q&A after)
In this masterclass, you will go from feeling confused and stuck with previous life experiences to fully understanding why the past may have caused anxiety and a clear understanding of how to move forward.
This masterclass is for you if you’ve previously experienced trauma OR intense periods of stress/upset in your life and may impact you in some of the following ways:
- You suddenly get flooded with emotions at the drop of a hat and get overwhelmed easily
- You avoid situations and people (knowingly or unknowingly) because it reminds you of your experience
- You possibly experience flashbacks, replay the situation again and again, perhaps have nightmares or issues sleeping
- You disassociate or feel disconnected at times from everything going on around you
- You feel stuck and can’t move forward
- At times, everything gets so overwhelming, you end up experiencing anxiety attacks which leave you feeling exhausted and unable to manage certain situations
In this 60 min masterclass, we will cover:
- What is trauma and how it might impact you, including symptoms you may be experiencing
- How the brain and body stores trauma and why that’s an issue for you
- The threat register and how it pattern matches environmental input and what you can do about it
- Why talking about trauma doesn’t always help you
- How to get unstuck from trauma
- Gentle tools and a short exercise for you to do to support yourself and find some relief
By joining this masterclass you will:
- Really understand why you feel the way you do, meaning you can be much more compassionate to yourself and find relief
- Realise exactly how anxiety has been protecting you and start to give yourself a break
- Stop avoiding situations or people that make you feel anxious, meaning you feel much more confident and fulfilled
- Increase your ability to manage life/work and parenthood
- Know what you can do about it to help you get unstuck
- Have gentle approaches you can do when it feels too much
This session is open to all.
It’s a 60 minute session which will be recorded and you’ll receive a copy of the replay. There will be a Q&A (not recorded) after the event where you can ask any questions that are relevant to you.
Date: 28th July 2021
Time: 7.30pm-8.30pm with time after for a Q&A
Investment: £30 (£5 discount for those on my email list – you can join here). The recording (excluding the Q&A) will be available to purchase AFTER the event for £45.
Much love, Tricia xxx
*As this event covers trauma, it MAY cause triggering. You will be supported by myself, a trauma informed practitioner. The session will have regular breaks where needed, we will proceed gently and in the very unlikely event it gets too much, you’re able to message me or step away. The class will be informational rather than therapeutic. You will be doing a gentle exercise and relaxation throughout.