“I have noticed a lot of positive changes. I do feel much more calmer and am able to deal with things much more rationally. I also feel a much better mum and able to deal with challenges both at work and at home much more effectively. I also feel that because I am feeling calmer and able to deal with things better, my daughters behaviour is better and the way she responds to me has also improved. I do think that she has probably picked up a lot on my anxiety which in turn has had impact on her an how she deals with things.”
Are you a mum? Feeling overwhelmed and overloaded?
How would it feel if you have the tools and resources to manage life in a much calmer way?
Here’s what I believe the overload to be…
- Plate spinning
- Balancing act
- Juggling priorities
- Keeping ‘on top’ of everything
- Feeling like we have too many tabs open
- Trying to please too many people but never pleasing ourselves
- Struggling to place any priority on our needs
Here’s what I believe some of the reasons are for it…
- We are not meant to parent on our own – we are meant to live in tribes and communities parenting
- We are meant to fully co-parent – the idea that women ‘should’ be the main ones responsible for children is never how we were meant to parent
- Work does not necessarily go hand in hand with parenting yet we NEED to work to live and many of us WANT to work
- We set expectations of ourselves way above what is achievable – we believe we can be full time mums, have careers, we want to volunteer, be eco warriors, cook like Nigella Lawson, keep a house like Marie Kondo, we want to be out with friends, we are partners, daughters, sisters
- We are constantly in the FOMO (fear of missing out) mindset
- Being a mum in the 21st century means we believe we need to craft like Mr Maker, bake like Mary Berry, be a life coach and psychologist to our children, have Bear Grylls adventures, educate our children, take our kids to ALL the classes, limit screen time, never leave our children unsupervised
- Gatekeeping – we believe we are the only ones in our families who knows everything and are able to do everything right
- We feel we can’t ask or justifying seeking help
- We don’t believe that we are worthy of looking after ourselves
- We are constantly switched on to technology 24/7
- We have money pressures
- We are still working through our own issues
- We often aren’t well resourced in how well we manage stress and difficult situations and transitions
- We can’t say no and have poor boundaries
This means that we might:
- Feel burned out
- Feel overwhelmed
- Feel anxious
- Are stressed out
- Can’t sleep
- Get irritable
- Snap at our loved ones
- Can’t switch off
- No ability to focus
- Feel there’s always something to do
- Always worrying
- Feel exhausted
- Burst into tears
- Regularly have emotional outburst
- Easily get angry/full on rage
- Shout when we don’t want to
- Have a permanent knot in our stomachs or headache
- Re-live everything again and again and remain stuck
- Constantly worrying about the future
Living in such a high state of adrenaline is not healthy for you, nor your family – both in the short and long term.
Welcome to Overcome the Overload….
“I loved discovering this versatile technique. I would recommend it to anyone to tackle any issue really! Tricia is so knowledgable and supportive. Her video demonstrations and explanations are really easy to follow and access.”
WHO IS IT FOR?
This is specifically for mums with children of any age who are feeling overloaded/overwhelmed/burned out/stressed/fed up/irrational/anxious/struggling.
“Having had anxiety for most of my life I was looking for something that I could do on a daily basis that was quick and effective to help me manage it. I had been researching EFT for some time and then I saw your group and I thought that this would be a great place to start to learn more about EFT as well as having regular support from an experienced practitioner.”(Patricia-Ann Reynolds, Founding Member)
“If you’d asked me a few weeks ago, I joined Overcome the Overload to have access to EFT scripts. If I was to pick one reason why I’m still a member, it is the chats and support from Tricia and the other mums. The sharing of information, the understanding, the sense of being part of a likeminded group. Since being part of the group, I have been a bit more grounded. I believe in myself a bit more. I look forward to the Monday night chats instead of just wanting to go to bed. I can see a way through when I am feeling rubbish/low which is fantastic.”
(Julie Giles, Founding Member)
WHAT IS IT?
- Access to an experienced EFT and Perinatal Trauma Therapist specialising in working with mums
- Support in using the videos, resources and working with you to learn and use EFT
- Regular live demos or discussions
- Every Monday night at 8pm, is a group coaching thread which looks at shifting patterns, thoughts, beliefs and creating change for you
- Each Monday you have the opportunity to set yourself a target for what you want to work on that week – i.e. “I want to have no emotional outburst this week at bedtime” or “I want to feel more energised”
- Regular check in
COMMUNITY via Facebook
- A community of mums who are all driven to starting to feel better
- Peer support
- Sharing of articles, resources and ideas
- Learn how to use EFT to self-manage day to day symptoms of overwhelm
- Access to a large library of EFT scripts (currently sitting at over 40 scripts) and resources to use – this is located on Teachable (online platform)
- Additional EFT Scripts added each week
- Monthly group EFT on specific topics (i.e. phone use, indecision, relationships, money, parenting etc)
- Monthly guest interviews from experts such as nutritional therapists, wellbeing coaches, yoga teachers, life coaches, wellbeing practitioners, child psychologist and so much more.
- There are regular challenges set by the group with the intention that it will support you to make changes in your life.
“One of the main things I’ve taken from Overcome the Overload is that it’s not selfish or wrong to take time for myself, even if it is just 5 minutes a day. It feels like I’ve given myself permission to think about me too, as well as my kids, and I’m realising I need to somehow find a way to schedule time to prioritise some self care. I’ve also enjoyed feeling a sense of community within the group and have appreciated other mums’ honesty when expressing their own feelings of overload.”
“I wasn’t sure if EFT would be for me but I absolutely loved it. Reflecting on how I felt a month ago to how I feel now I definitely feel happier and much less anxious. Maybe because I’m now actively doing something to make myself feel better. Thank you Tricia! “
WHAT IS EFT?
- EFT/Emotional Freedom Technique/Tapping is a therapy where you tap on various parts of your head, face and body whilst saying specific phrases
- It is growing in evidence base – there are now over a hundred research papers demonstrating the effectiveness of EFT
- There are fMRI scans which demonstrate using EFT can actually change the way your brain works
- It works by stimulating a calm response state through tapping on various acupressure points across
- The tapping process helps connects the thoughts to the body
- When we start to think about those issues, we start to link them with the calm response state rather than the stressed state we so often instinctively go to – i.e. you are changing how you are programmed to respond to that trigger/issue
- It can look a bit funny but don’t let that stop you trying something that could literally change your life by spending 5 minutes every day doing
“Genuinely wasn’t expecting anything the first time I tried EFT but was so pleasantly surprised at the difference it made.”“I’ve used EFT in the past, but never in the way that this group suggested, which has encouraged me to use it when having daily issues.”
“I never knew what eft was or what the benefits could be. The first week I was sleeping better and also found I was coping with what life throws at you in a totally different way.”
“I have definitely felt the benefits from EFT and I’m keen to keep building on that because I think it will be crucial to my mental health and our whole family will benefit as a result”
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
“I’ve really enjoyed being part of Overcome the Overload and am seeing small daily benefits from using EFT. Tricia’s expertise, professional guidance and very welcoming persona, have been very valuable in helping me make small changes to my mindset which are gradually adding up to a bigger change which I’m keen to keep up the momentum with and explore further. I’d recommend this group to anyone looking to find a more positive approach to the demands of modern day motherhood! “
“My family feel that I am much more calmer and not as stressed. I am not going at 100 miles an hour trying to get everything done all at once. They have noticed that I am taking a bit more time to myself and are seeing the benefits of this as overall as I am much more relaxed. I have also started to take up offers from friends to look after my daughter and don’t feel like I am being a burden by asking them.”
“The group has really given me a feeling that it’s not just me that has these feelings. I have realised I’ve been bottling up all my feelings trying to just get through the days with my two toddlers and not really thinking about myself. It’s quite reassuring in many ways to know others feel as anxious and as angry at times. I’m feeling better and am finding I’m much more accepting of toddler behaviour. I’ve just been having as much fun as possible with them and making an effort to make time for me. I’m focused on eating healthily and building the tapping in at night. I have more motivation to make changes being in the group.”
HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE?
5 minutes every day… yes seriously…
The videos are around 5 minutes long. I guarantee – if you spend 5 minutes doing these videos EVERY DAY and that is ALL YOU DO – you will see a big impact on your overall wellness and stress levels. Most of us can commit to 5 minutes every day. If you are SERIOUS about overcoming the overload – you can make 5 minutes. Stop scrolling social media for starters!!! If, of course, you are enjoying seeing the differences then you can use EFT as much as you want. There is no limit.
The monthly membership costs £18 per month (60p per day!!!). You can unsubscribe at any time. Anyone that joins up in the group will also receive £10 off any EFT or coaching sessions with me on a one to one basis.
HOW DO I JOIN?
To join you will need to enrol on Teachable and from there you can join the facebook group and start working your way through the videos.
Membership is open regularly throughout the year. The next intake is 14th – 17th June 2019. In the meantime, you can get access to these videos which will reduce your overwhelm by clicking here.
More details are available here:
Much love, Tricia xxx