Would you like to be able to support them with a gentle and effective technique which alleviates the symptoms associated with a difficult perinatal experience?
You are possibly already supporting mums and dads as a:
- Hypnobirthing teacher
- Running antenatal/postnatal education
- Yoga, pilates or baby massage instructor
- Complementary therapist
- Health visitor
- Infant feeding consultant
- Sling supporter
- …. or something else with parents around that time
The TBR 3 Step REWIND Technique was created by Alex Heath in 2016. More than 250 practitioners have now trained and it is now used in multiple NHS Trusts as a perinatal care pathway for parents who have been affected by a difficult perinatal event.
What are the 3 Steps?
We guide the client to go into a state of deep relaxation (which aids healing) and they then are able to remember the event in a specific way whilst throughout feeling safe and secure.
We help the client to imagine coping in the future and responding differently
Why the 3 Step Process?
This therapy is a brief, gentle and effective intervention that seeks relief of trauma symptoms after 2 or 3 sessions in person. Occasionally the process needs to be repeated but in the majority of cases people report a significant diminishing or complete eradication of symptoms and heavy feelings.
If the client finds talking about their experience uncomfortable there is no need for them to share what happened as we understand that can be difficult. They can still go through their memory but they don’t need to talk about it if they don’t want to making it a really gentle approach.
This treatment is equally effective 3 months after the event as it is 3 years or even longer after the event. If trauma symptoms or heavy feelings are still evident then the treatment is useful in lifting them.
What does the training cover?
- An understanding of all perinatal trauma including PTSD and how it affects mums and dads
- How the symptoms of trauma might affect parents including the spectrum of perinatal mental health
- Why rapport is an essential cornerstone of supporting parents at this time
- The importance of relaxation and why relaxation is key to relieving the symptoms of trauma
- Using the TBR 3 Step REWIND Technique to neutralise the heavy emotions and symptoms associated with traumatic events and seeing first hand how relaxation and guided visualisation can activate natural healing (this can also be used in many other situations)
- A comprehensive pack containing visual aids, scripts and other handouts that you can use with your clients
What happens post training?:
- All attendees have continuous support in the closed facebook group which provides additional materials and back up should you yourself need support
- Insurance is available for all birth professionals who are not therapeutically trained
- Attendees can be listed as a practitioner on the Traumatic Birth Recovery website when they complete:
- A case study
- The Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Regular supervision
Edinburgh, 9th/10th October 2019, 9.30am-4.30pm, Venue Augustine Church, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh – (3 spaces left)
Middlesborough, February 2020, TBC
Glasgow, April 2020, TBC
If you would like me to come to any other location across Scotland or North East of England – please email me.
How much does the course cost?
£395 (Early Bird tickets are £356 available 6 weeks before)
Please note there is a price increase from January 2020. Details to come out shortly.
Payment plan over three instalments is available.
How do I book?
To book contact me – email@example.com.
More about me….
I’ve been using the TBR 3 Step REWIND technique since November 2016 and was one of the first trainees. Since 2016, I have seen over 80 women for treatment. I am also a trained EFT Practitioner and Doula and have been actively supporting women to have better birth and parenting experiences since 2014. In 2015, I was one of the founders for Juno Perinatal Mental Health Support which provides peer support for mums experiencing perinatal mental health. I am really passionate about increasing the availability of this intervention as it’s such a gentle and efficient approach and I’d love more women to have access to it.